- This event has passed.
Webinar: Marksmanship and Adolescent Youth Lead Exposure
November 13, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The (PEHSUs) program hosts a regularly scheduled webinar series. These webinars are educational presentations by environmental health experts that focus on current and emerging issues in pediatric and reproductive environmental health. These events are free of charge and continuing education (CE) credit is available, including CME and CNE.
The next webinar will be held on November 13, 2018.
Title: Marksmanship and Adolescent Youth Lead Exposure
Date: November 13, 2018 @ 1:00 pm ET / 12:00 CT
Presenter: Rose Goldman, MD, MPH
Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health
Director of Faculty Affairs, Dept of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance
Associate Director, New England Pediatric Environmental Health Center (Region 1 PEHSU)
1. Discuss potential sources of lead exposure at the shooting range and how that translates to appropriate questions to ask the patient.
2. Describe personal protective and hygiene measures that reduce/prevent exposures from shooting.
3. Describe measures to control lead exposure in the firing range environment.
4. Discuss potential adverse health effects of lead exposure to adolescents.
5. Describe a strategy of medical surveillance that a health care provider could recommend.