Pediatric Psychopharmacology Update 2018
January 26 - January 27See registration
Dear Friends of NYCCAP:
RIGHT HERE IN NYC!
AACAP’s 2018 Pediatric Psychopharmacology Update Institute (PPUI):
Cutting-Edge Psychopharmacology: Fads vs. Facts?
January 26-27, 2018
New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Chaired by Laurence L. Greenhill, MD, and Jeremy M. Veenstra-VanderWeele, MD, this year’s Institute discusses effective and safe treatments for childhood disorders. Speakers compare them to less well-established, but promising approaches with some evidence of efficacy that are still being tested. In addition, each speaker describes the unstudied treatments that have appeared on the internet, television, or social media. These include homeopathic medications, optokinetic training for youth with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the use of EEG brain maps to diagnose childhood psychiatric disorders, secretin injections or facilitated communication for youth with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and Doman-Delacato therapy for children with cerebral palsy. Parents hear about these treatments from well-meaning relatives, friends, or the internet that raise their hopes, but whose claims far outdistance any data.
Institute benefits include:
- Up to 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- A detailed course notebook
- Presentations from six top child and adolescent psychiatric researchers in addition to the two chairs, including:
- Gabrielle A. Carlson, MD, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY
- Barbara J. Coffey, MD, MS, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- Robert L. Findling, MD, MBA, Bloomberg Children’s Center, Baltimore, MD
- Erika L. Nurmi, MD, PhD, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- John T. Walkup, MD, Northwestern University and Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Timothy E. Wilens, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, MA
- Registration: email@example.com or 202.966.7300, ext. 2005
- General: firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.966.7300, ext. 2006
With an excellent program and topnotch speakers, you won’t want to miss this year’s PPUI. Please take a moment to review the program schedule and register today. I look forward to seeing you there!